Saturday, December 19, 2009

Has anyone actually ever got hold of their local Citizen's Advice Bureau by phone at the specified times?

I have been trying mine for weeks - engaged permenantly - I work so I can't just 'pop down there'Has anyone actually ever got hold of their local Citizen's Advice Bureau by phone at the specified times?
The CAB are ridiculously under-funded and under staffed.


You really need to just book a day off, turn up early wait your turn. This would be a good time to put all your thoughts about your problem onto paper.Has anyone actually ever got hold of their local Citizen's Advice Bureau by phone at the specified times?
Same in the North East ,they never answer the phones...
Nope, I just turned up after weeks of calling and was seen after about 30mins of waiting.
No, I had same problem a while back, then when I did get through to someone. They let me tell them the whole story and then said they did not know how to help but there might be someone in next week who could? I gave up.
no never!!I got thru once and they then just hung up immediately before i had even spoken!!
No, and to make matters worse i have visited their offices 4 times now and twice there was a sign stating that it was closed due to staff shortages and twice stating that they had locked the doors to allow the line of waiting customers to be cleared, i looked through the widow and the waiting room was empty.
Yes, just once. When they picked up I was so stunned I could hardly speak.





Can you write them a letter explaining your predictament? Maybe they can help you via mail, or have a specific time to call them when they are free to talk to just you.





xx
i'm quite lucky i work next door to mine, have you tried phoning another branch
guess i'm lucky, we have a great cab offices around here, plus my mates sister is a manager in one!! try ringing a different branch? (ones in the north west are great ;-) )

No comments:

Post a Comment