Saturday, December 19, 2009

I am in debt with my bank.I owe them four grand.I went to citizens advice in feb and they worked out i could ?

afford to pay 22pound a month.The bank rejected this and have now passed it on to solicitors.I have paid nothing off and am waiting to hear from their solicitors.I have offered to pay my 22pound but they wont take it.What do i do now?I am in debt with my bank.I owe them four grand.I went to citizens advice in feb and they worked out i could ?
Years ago we had the same problem. We gave them a breakdown of our in-goings and out-goings and offered them 拢20 a month they rejected it, took us to court and we ended up paying less a month than we offered as the court ruled in our favour. I always thought they had to accept any offer of payment however small so keep making the payments you can afford as it will help.I am in debt with my bank.I owe them four grand.I went to citizens advice in feb and they worked out i could ?
Their solicitor sould accept your offer of 拢22 per onth as long as this is a reasonable amount compared to your income. If you were earning a huge amount they wold expect more than that, but as you have already been to citizens advice, they should be able to advise you further and may even contact the bank on your behalf. You can also go for an administration order via a solicitior of your own, this used to cost 拢15 but was well worth it as any debt was then dealt with by your solicitor and they arrange small affordable payments on your behalf. Good luck.
There's nothing you can do, I had this problem and cab advised me to carry on paying the rejected amount anyway (this shows willing) . That way the only thing the bank can really do is take you to court, I was advised that if this happened showing that I had been paying the rejected amount would go in my favour. They may request a break down of your finances where you enter everything you get in and pay out, when they see this is all you really can afford they are likely to take it as 拢22 is better than nothing and taking you to court is an expensive proccess and pointless if they can see you have no money anyway. Good luck
Ring the national debt line 0808 808 4000





they are great helped me and hubby good luck hun x


just found web address


www.nationaldebtline.co.uk they have lots of useful advice
Yes pay them the 拢22 per month whilst you're waiting to hear from their solicitors.





The bank should not have agreed a four grand loan without checking you could afford the repayments.
you will need to wait for the agency to call you---you can probably reach a settlement with them~

No comments:

Post a Comment