Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Senior Citizens: What's the best most intruiging insightful advice anyone has ever told you in your life?

hey, im 16 and i find hearing what older people have to say really interesting and take it to heart. theyve got so much more wisdom and experience than kids my age and i have alot of older friends about 50 and 60 that i love so much and was just wondering what advice, spiritual or not that someones told you that you will never forget and just believe with all your heart is true? and who told you? thanks so much.Senior Citizens: What's the best most intruiging insightful advice anyone has ever told you in your life?
well i don't have anything intriguing to offer but my dad gave me some real good advice when i was a teen. when you work-----work, always give all you got and get the job done right, also to help out the neighbors and watch out for the elderly and be kind to them along with the mentally challenged. thanks for asking your question, not a whole lot of teens your age give a darn what us older people think, you are one of the good ones, keep up the good work!!!!Senior Citizens: What's the best most intruiging insightful advice anyone has ever told you in your life?
I learned...


That you take a piece of paper and write down everything you want in life.


If you do not know what to write down, make a list of what you do NOT want in life, and then wait a couple of days and try again. You can then focus on ideas of what you want in life, and write them down.





I then learned that you WAIT for the things on your list to become true for you. Do not chase after them, then they will never happen. WAIT for them to ';come to you.';





As you grow older in life, you will modify your list accordingly. Add things, take away things, as you grow older.





Next, equally important; EXERCISE EVERY DAY. Why? When you turn age 18-21, you are all grown up. What you see is what you get. From 18-21 on, every year you get older, you get weaker. No way around it. But with DAILY EXERCISE, the aging is greatly SLOWED. So when you are 50-60, YOU!! are stronger than every one around you.


Yes, you will be weaker, but not as weak as everyone else.
My mother





told me when I was five not to judge people by the color of their skin.





She explained that people have different skin color just as they have different hair color as they have different eye color. People are PEOPLE.





and it's true.





If i had ';avoided'; people due to their skin color, I would have missed out on a lot of great friends.
Some wise person once told me ';You can't change the past but you can learn from it, the future is not here,so don't worry about it, just give today your best effort and enjoy it.';
My dear Mother told me this:


When you fall in love, look long and hard at how that persons family act. Do Mother and Father get along because, the way they are is how you will live with this person.





And she was correct.
My dad said





Never put it in writing unless you are sure because you can take back the spoken word but cannot take back the written word.
Growing up, my mother said:





1.Let your conscience be your guide


2. Just be yourself


3. Remember the Golden Rule....Do unto others, as you'd have them do unto you.
A mentor once told me when someone compliments you just smile and say thank you.


I had a habit of deflecting the compliment by denying that I had done anything special.
My Mom said, Get a good education, be able to take care of yourself, financially and take care of your teeth,
My Mom: Never let them know what you are thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment