Saturday, December 19, 2009

I am a USA citizen but live and work in the Netherlands. Income tax advice please?

I spent 2008 working in both the USA and Netherlands (different jobs) and the majority of my income has come from my time abroad. What irs forms do I need to fill out to avoid double taxation? How does one file Dutch income taxes? What documents will I need? Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge.I am a USA citizen but live and work in the Netherlands. Income tax advice please?
Dutch income tax I can't help you with but you must file a US income tax return then take Dutch income tax as a credit against what you owe. Since Dutch taxes are more than US taxes, you will owe the US nothing.I am a USA citizen but live and work in the Netherlands. Income tax advice please?
you should go to www.irs.gov and find out what you need there if you are doing your own taxes, if not consult a tax professional you may need one in your situation.
You must file a federal Form 1040 with the IRS and should claim the ';foreign earned income'; exclusion.





I do not know what forms are needed for the Netherlands.

No comments:

Post a Comment